SwitchWaterSupplier.com handles and protects your personal data with care.
Version 1.0: January 2020
At SwitchWaterSupplier.com, we understand that we have a responsibility to protect and respect your privacy and look after your personal data.
This Privacy and Data Protection Notice, inclusive of our Terms and Conditions of Business, explains what personal data we collect, how we use your personal data, reasons we may need to disclose your personal data to others and how we store your personal data securely.
Who/what is Switch Water Supplier Limited and SwitchWaterSupplier.com
Switch Water Supplier Limited, trading as SwitchWaterSuppler.com, is a provider of water retail contract negotiation and tendering services, water consultancy and other non-domestic water-related products and services.
Switch Water Supplier Limited has a registered office at 8a Rishworth Street, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 3BY and its company registration number is 11640752. Graham Eric Mann is the registered Data Protection Officer for Switch Water Supplier Limited.
How the law protects you
The current data protection laws dictate that we are only able to process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so. The reasons we process your personal data include, but are not limited to, your consent, performance of a contract or service to you (or you as a named representative acting on behalf of another organisation), billing and to contact you.
How do we collect personal data from you?
We receive information about you from you when you use our website and complete online forms contact forms, if you use our web-based services to manage your business water portfolio and seek quotations from water retailers, if you contact us by phone, email, live-chat or otherwise in respect of any of our products and services or during the purchasing of any such product or service.
Additionally, we also collect information from you when you sign up to receive our targeted marketing information, enter a competition, promotion or survey or when you inform us of any other matter.
If you provide us with personal data about a third party individual (for example when creating a user account or naming a point of contact on an organisation’s behalf), you warrant that you have obtained the express consent from the third party for the disclosure and use of their personal data.
Your personal data may be automatically collected when you seek information about our products or services, receive a product or service, and it may include, but is not limited to, your IP address at the time, device-specific information, server logs, device event information and location information.
What type of personal data do we collect?
Personal data that we may collect includes your name, employer’s address, a business email address (or one which you provide us with on the basis of being used for business purposes), business phone numbers, including mobile phone numbers where you have provided it for use in the context of conducting our work for you and your employer and IP addresses.
Where you might upload copies of third party documents in the course of doing business with us, such as historical water bills, letters or similar, we might then also be in possession of any personal data which is displayed on them and this may be in addition to that which we request.
We may also keep details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. We also retain records of your queries and any correspondence we exchange in the event you contact us to request products, services or help.
We merely process such data on your behalf, subject to our Terms and Conditions of Business and you are responsible for any applicable legal requirements in respect of your content.
How SwitchWaterSupplier.com uses you data
SwitchWaterSupplier.com uses information about you in the following ways:
- To help provide quotations for water retail contracts and other products and services specifically related to the non-domestic water industry
- To process your requests for access to our services and those of the water retailers or other water-related business that you have show an interest in
- To provide you, who is acting on behalf of your employer’s business, with information regarding a potential business opportunity and the request from a third-party organisation with to receive a quotation from you
- To provide you with products and services
- To comply with our contractual obligations we have with you or your employer
- To help identify you as an agent or representative of any customer or supplier accounts
- To enable the review, development and improvement the company’s website and associated services
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests if you contact us with a query, such as those in relation to quotations received by water retailers or in relation to other non-domestic water service related matters
- To administer accounts, process payments and keep track of invoices and payments received
- To detect fraud and to make sure what you have told us is correct
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis
- To review job applications
- To notify you about changes to our website and services
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of specific interest to you and your employer, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes and by specific means
- To inform you of service, fee and price changes
We will keep your personal data for the duration of the period you are an agent or representative of a customer or supplier of Switch Water Supplier Limited. We shall retain your data only for as long as necessary in accordance with applicable laws.
On the closure of your employer’s account, we may keep your data for up to 7-years after you have cancelled its services with us. We may not be able to delete your data before this time due to our legal and/or accountancy obligations. We may also keep it for research or statistical purposes. We assure you that your personal data shall only be used for these purposes stated herein and that any personal data which is no longer required and considered excess and unnecessary will be deleted, whilst an absolute minimum may be retained, as per the above requirements.
Who has access to your personal data?
- News and information requests: We process your data for administration and the provision of services in respect of providing you access to news or other information on which SwitchWaterSupplier.com acts as a reporter. We will not share this data in respect of requests for news and other general information only with any third-parties. We may author and or publish water industry news in which your data, such as name, employer and employer’s contact details, may appear based on you being a noted celebrity within that news item, but your data will not extend beyond that which is in the public domain or specifically relevant to the nature of the reportage.
- Sale and provision of our products or services: We process your data for administration, billing, support and the provision of services. We will use your data to provide account-based services, communicate with you as a customer, supplier or partnering organisation.
- Third-party recipients: For the avoidance of doubt, we do not and never shall freely provide nor sell your personal data to third-parties for marketing or advertising purposes.We work closely with a number of third-parties (including business parties, service providers and fraud protection services) and we may receive information from them about you. These third-parties may collect information about you including, but not limited to, your IP address, device-specific information, server logs, device event information and location information. We use their features within our websites, however, in some instances, they may be acting as data controller and they will have their own privacy policies, which we advise you to read.We may pass your personal data to third-parties for the provision of services on our behalf (for example processing your request for a quotation for their services via one of our websites or other electronic systems, or to exchange customer and supplier contact details upon agreement that a new water retail contract has been requested by the customer etc.). However, we will only ever share information about you that is necessary to provide the service and for which we have specific agreements in place, which ensure your personal data is secure and will not be used for any marketing purposes.We may share your information if we are acquired by a third-party and therefore your data will be deemed an asset of the business. In these circumstances, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business, subject to both parties entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings. Similarly, we may share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Switch Water Supplier Limited, our customers, or others. This includes, but is not limited to, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies. However, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected and only necessary data is shared.
In preventing the use or processing of your personal data, it may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you or your employer. It may also mean that we shall be unable to provide our services or process the cancellation of your service.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data, or ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as your right to be forgotten. There are legal and accountancy reasons why we will need to keep your data, but please do inform us if you think we are retaining or using your personal data incorrectly.
Our Privacy and Data Protection Notice shall be made available to you at the point of collection of your personal data.
You can request to view, edit or delete the personal data we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning and speaking to our Data Protection Officer. You can also make choices about SwitchWaterSupplier.com’s collection of your data and how we use it by visiting the ‘Opt-in’ page on our website, which can be found at here.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you choose not to receive marketing communications from us about our products and services, you have the option to do so by leaving the marketing communication methods tick boxes empty and submitting the Opt-in form, as above. You may also contact us by any other means and make your preferences know to us. This action will override any previous preferences we held on record for you.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given us your prior consent.
Accessing and updating your data
Switch Water Supplier Limited will endeavour to maintain your data and keep it up to date. You should ensure we are made aware of any changes to the information you know we hold, such as surname, email address, phone numbers etc. By failing to do so it may delay or prevent us from providing any products or services.
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. Please email your requests to email@example.com so that we can obtain this information for you.
Links to other, external websites
Switch Water Supplier Limited may provide links to third-party websites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites we may refer you to. We would politely make you aware that any information that is provided on these sites will not be within our control and we cannot be responsible for their respective privacy policies and practices.
How your personal data is stored
We store and protect the personal data we collect using methods that include strong passwords and password policies and encryption in transit and at rest, if appropriate.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers within the EEA. From time to time, your information may be transferred to and stored in a country outside the EEA in relation to provision of the services. The laws in these countries may not provide you with the same protection as in the EEA; however, any third-party referred to above outside of the EEA has agreed to abide by European levels of data protection in respect of the transfer, processing and storage of any personal data. By providing your data to us, you agree to this transfer and storage, but we will ensure that reasonable steps are taken to protect your data in accordance with this notice.
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All sensitive data are encrypted and protected.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain areas of our websites and software systems, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential and secure. We ask you not to share any password we have supplied with anyone.
We agree to take reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable laws and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Business.
In the event of a data breach, Switch Water Supplier Limited will ensure that its obligations under applicable data protection laws are fully complied with.
Contacting us about this topic
Please e-mail any questions or comments you have about privacy to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 1231113